Areas of Intervention
The project operates in four rural communes located in the department of Mbour (western Senegal).
- The commune of Ndiaganiao is a rural commune in Senegal which is part of the sub-prefecture of Fissel. The villages involved in this project in this municipality are: Koulouck wolof, Ndiandiaye, Ndandafakh
- The commune of Nguéniène is a rural commune which is part of the sub-prefecture of Thiadiaye. The villages involved in this project in this municipality are: Fou1, Nguéniéne, Vélingara, Guedj Mad
- The commune of Sandiara is a rural commune located between the communes of Nguéniène and Ndiaganiao and which is part of the sub-prefecture of Thiadiaye
- The commune of Séssène is a rural commune located just next to that of Sandiara. It is part of the sub-prefecture of Thiadiaye. Only the village of Diokhar is involved in this project.
This is to ensure better water availability while supporting the households of beneficiaries so that they acquire better agroforestry practices (reasoned irrigation, pruning and maintenance of trees, relining of trees that have not survived, …) and in matters of land development (adapted agricultural crops, medicinal plants, fruit trees, …).
- Inventory: geolocation of beneficiary plots, information/awareness, and project launch meetings;
- Deepening of wells;
- Training in tree maintenance and pruning techniques;
- Installation of solar equipment (pump + panels);
- Restocking of plots (creation of nursery, transplantation);
- Support in vegetable, fruit, and cereal production (technical training and follow-up).
- The 50 households manage to obtain an optimal rate of survival of their seedlings of self-pollinating trees thanks to the deepening of their wells
- These households are supported in agroforestry methods, water management, and farming practices
- 17,000 trees grow sustainably on nearly 30 hectares
- Surrounding households benefit from this learning